Hiking Boots: Choosing and Caring for the Most Important Piece of Hiking Equipment
In this seven-part series, I will describe how to choose the right pair of hiking boots, what to expect from them, how to care for them, and how to know when it's time for a new pair.
The seven parts of this series are:
- Part I: Hiking Boots: An Introduction and Overview
- Part II: Types of Hiking Boots and Hiking Shoes
- Part III: Hiking Boots: Parts and Construction
- Part IV: Hiking Boot Accessories (socks, insoles, laces, crampons, etc.)
- Part V: High-Quality Inexpensive Hiking Boots: How to Choose and Where to Find Them
- Part VI: Backpacking Boots: How to Choose and Where to Find Them
- Part VII: Cleaning, Care, and Maintenance of your Hiking Boots
For some of this month's best-selling hiking boots, with reviews based on real-world experience, visit OutdoorEquipmentReport's Hiking Boots page.